The new TKES teacher evaluation system definitely places more emphasis on documentation than it does the evaluation of actual teaching practices. If it's not documented in the daily lesson plan, it did not happen. In order to cut down on the time I spent inputting lesson plans into my school's lesson plan system, I created a google form and merged document that created TKES-ready lesson plans for me. This way I only need to copy/paste a Google Drive link into the lesson plan system.
1. Create your Google Form
Be sure to have a question for every item your administrators are looking for when they look at your plans. My form questions are as follows:
1. Grade Level (drop down menu) 2. Lesson plan dates (short-answer) 3. Next Assessment date/topic (short-answer) 4. Next Performance Date(s) (Checkboxes with list of upcoming performances) 5. What Standards? (Drop down menu)
Based on my answer, the form will go to a different section for each standard set (Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced)
6. Standards Addressed (checkboxes with all standards for level selected in previous question)
7. Area of Focus for the week (short-answer) 8. Essential Question (short answer) 9. Warm Ups (checkboxes of common warm-ups, with an option to add "other"
10. 3 of each: Repertoire Selections, area of focus, teaching strategies.
Repertoire Selection (checkboxes, with option to add "other")
Area of focus; i.e. notes/rhythms, rhythmic accuracy, dynamic shaping, etc. (checkboxes with option to add "other"
Teaching Strategies: i.e. shadow bow, modeling, etc. (checkboxes with option to add "other")
11. Closing Session
Students will demonstrate understanding by....
12. Assessment type and artifact/evidence 13. Differentiation Type and Evidence 14. Technology Integration
2. Create a merge template in Google Docs
You will use <<merge tags>> to tell the merge program where to place information that it finds in your response spreadsheet,
3. Link your Google Form to a spreadsheet and load AutoCrat
AutoCrat is an add-on for sheets that will take information from the spreadsheet and load it into the template. Once you map all of your merge tags you can tell AutoCrat how to name each document, where to put the document, as well as options to automatically run the program as form submissions come in.